Chief Financial Officer
South East, USA
About the company
Our client company is a leading pure-play provider of engineering and technical field services to utilities and electric power grid infrastructure. The business is the largest employer of Protection & Control ("P&C") engineers and technicians in the U.S. and provides highly specialized services focused on transmission & distribution assets across the power grid and power equipment at commercial & industrial sites, including data centers.
Backed by a private equity firm, they currently have 850 employees and $200M in revenue, with plans to be 2,000+ employees and $500M+ in revenue in the next four years. They plan to grow through a combination of organic growth and inorganic acquisition of 2+ companies each year, and need a strategic CFO to help the business achieve greater scale including via M&A strategy and integration.
About this role
The Chief Financial Officer will be a key leadership team member, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO will lead the finance function for the fast-growing, private equity-backed engineering and specialized field services provider. The successful candidate will be a proven operational finance executive who is a hands-on and strategic thinker able to institute and drive operational discipline and growth plans for the business.
The ideal candidate has high emotional intelligence, is an effective team leader, can develop high-potential talent and demonstrates a keen sense of excellence.
- Executive Presence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Unafraid to Challenge
- Strong Communication Skills
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the CEO and business partner to the Executive Leadership Team, Private Equity Firm, and the Board of Directors in the development and execution of the company's strategic plan, including the implementation and measurement of the company'sgrowth initiatives.
- Develop high-quality financial analyses (e.g., financial and operational KPIs, flash reports, dashboards, etc.) to direct and monitor day-to-day operating, commercial, and other vital activities and provide insight to decision-makers across the company. This will include promoting and coordinating the use of metrics throughout the organization that will continue to build an understanding of the financial drivers of the business across channels and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee the company's annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process. Develop financial models and analyze trends to prepare forecasts, budgets, and management reports.
- Serve as a key member of the acquisition team, including performing financial due diligence, evaluating the target's strategic fit with the company's strategic goals, negotiating certain transaction agreements, and taking a lead role in the integration of the financial and other support functions.
- Manage all aspects of finance, accounting, tax, treasury, and other critical non-finance functions, as needed. Develop and implement financial and tax strategies.
- Develop monthly reports that provide insight into financial performance and recent trends andmeasure the company's performance against budget and the prior year. Communicate the performance with internal and external constituents, including the Board of Directors. Monitor cash flow and compliance with financial covenants.
- Lead the development of a strong, consolidated finance team to ensure the organization has a high level of performance and productivity. Provide effective leadership, mentorship, and coaching that fosters an environment of problem-solving and continuous improvement, as well as attracting and retaining superior financial talent. Implement talent development and succession plans to support their current and future talent needs.
- Ensure the financial statements' integrity through accounting systems and control management.
- Monitor controls and ensures a strong control environment.
- Contribute to and execute the strategic vision to enable their operations and growth initiatives and leverage market opportunities.
- Create data-based, strategic decision-making through leadership, pro-active partnership, and engagement with the CEO and executive team.
- Lead a consolidated finance and accounting organization; set a high bar for performance; inspired commitment, a strong work ethic, and focus during a fast-paced period of transformation; maintained a continuous focus on professional development and growth opportunities for team members.
- Strong FP&A background
- M&A analysis and due diligence experience
- Experience managing and mentoring a finance team
- Experience working with a P.E.-backed company preferred
Nicole Brown, Senior Director | +1 248.922.7691 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cynthia Kaplan, Senior Recruiter | +1 312.447.3001 |email@example.com
Nic Karczewski, Senior Recruiter | +1 773.943.7756 | firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Now